Blogsplosion!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plato Vs. Nietzsche

3 posters

Go down

Plato Vs. Nietzsche Empty Plato Vs. Nietzsche

Post by Dictator For Life Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:25 pm

In an attempt to get more posts into this dying forum I have added philosophy as one of the things that can be discussed here. Please take this place seriously.

My topic is just one question. Who's right, Plato or Nietzsche?
Dictator For Life
Dictator For Life
Admin
Admin

https://blogsplosion.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Plato Vs. Nietzsche Empty Re: Plato Vs. Nietzsche

Post by sparky12 Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:53 pm

NIETZSCHE!

I would explain, but I need something to base my explanation off of. And when I get to school tomorrow, I'll drag out that essay on truth that Dub made us write to prove my point.
sparky12
sparky12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dictator For Life Wed May 14, 2008 3:01 pm

Hurry up and drag it out!
Dictator For Life
Dictator For Life
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. B Wed May 14, 2008 7:26 pm

Yeah! don't just leave us hanging!!!
Dr. B
Dr. B

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky12 Wed May 14, 2008 7:55 pm

Fine. I'll do it at home. Or maybe it's here...
sparky12
sparky12

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky12 Wed May 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Here ya go. My entire freakin' essay that got a C, of all things.

Is There Such a Thing as Truth?

According to most people, truth is absolute. It is unchangeable, and there is no human control over it. To the contrary, it is ultimately humans who decide what the truth is or is not. It is purely dependent on what humans say. When there are no humans, then there is no truth. The truth does not exist, and it is made up only by what humans say.
Humans have intelligence, and so therefore they can make things up. Due to this, they make up words and language. They use these words and language to make sense of things, and once they have made sense of it, then they claim that what they say is true. A human will point to something, and say the name of that thing. They say that this cannot be disputed, because this object is physical, and therefore is absolute. But, despite this thing being physical, the human merely gave it a label. This is not the truth; it’s only a human name.
For example, when someone points to a cardboard box, and asks other people what it is, they are most likely to respond that is a box. They are quite unlikely to say that it is “a hollow three-dimensional rectangular prism that is made out of cardboard”, or “a cardboard container made for holding objects”, despite these definitions being correct. This is because it falls under the classification of box. As said before, classifications (which are words) are made by humans to help them understand the world around them. A human does not have the time or resources to go around and give a separate name to every different cardboard box in the world. Instead, they come up with one word that serves as a representation of all of the cardboard boxes in existence. This is done by omitting all of the differences of the world’s many cardboard boxes, and then saying that they are the same thing. Afterwards, the “truth” is that the cardboard box is called a box. However, this is not the truth. If there were no people around to label a cardboard box a box, then what would it be? It is highly unlikely that it will be a box. Furthermore, if a cardboard box was not labeled a box on a different planet, and instead labeled, say, a “dezo”, then the “truth” on that planet would be that it is a dezo. If this happened, then if someone from Earth tried to convince people on that planet that a hollow three-dimensional rectangular prism was called a box, they would be considered a liar. The people on that planet would consider this rectangular prism to be a dezo, and that would be the truth to them. Labels are only names, and they are not the truth. Since humans make up labels, then the truth is made up by humans, and it doesn’t really exist beyond humans.
According to the philosopher Plato, truth is absolute, though it is not contained in the environment. Plato says that humans are influenced by their environment, but it does not contain the truth, and so therefore humans do not know the truth. But if the truth is not contained in the environment, then where is it? Is it with other humans? That is not possible, because they don’t know the truth due to their environment. Do other living beings have the truth? Just as with humans, this is not possible. Animals, like humans, are influenced by their environment as well. If what Plato says is true, then animals too are blind-sighted by their environment. If the truth is not contained in the environment, and it is not known by living beings, then there must be no truth. The definition of “environment” is “the conditions that surround people and affect the way they live”. This means that anything that is not alive is part of the environment. Anything that is alive is influenced by their environment.
Humans say that truth is absolute because it is physical and cannot be disputed. But humans only make up words to classify these physical things, and so it’s not the truth, only words. The truth is not contained in the environment, nor is it known by living beings, so therefore it must not exist. That is why the truth is nonexistent.

Fin
sparky12
sparky12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dictator For Life Wed May 14, 2008 8:06 pm

I didn't care to read that.
Dictator For Life
Dictator For Life
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky12 Wed May 14, 2008 8:07 pm

I know you didn't. But I just posted it for the heck of it.
sparky12
sparky12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dictator For Life Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm

This debate is boring...l
Dictator For Life
Dictator For Life
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. B Fri May 16, 2008 12:29 am

*Runs in rideing a chariot and lights Nietches paper on fire*

PLATO FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
Dr. B
Dr. B

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky12 Fri May 16, 2008 1:49 am

According to the philosopher Plato, truth is absolute, though it is not contained in the environment. Plato says that humans are influenced by their environment, but it does not contain the truth, and so therefore humans do not know the truth. But if the truth is not contained in the environment, then where is it? Is it with other humans? That is not possible, because they don’t know the truth due to their environment. Do other living beings have the truth? Just as with humans, this is not possible. Animals, like humans, are influenced by their environment as well. If what Plato says is true, then animals too are blind-sighted by their environment. If the truth is not contained in the environment, and it is not known by living beings, then there must be no truth. The definition of “environment” is “the conditions that surround people and affect the way they live”. This means that anything that is not alive is part of the environment. Anything that is alive is influenced by their environment.

That above paragraph proves Plato wrong. And if you don't want to read it, here's the summary: Plato contradicts himself, and therefore he is wrong. What a loser.
sparky12
sparky12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dictator For Life Fri May 16, 2008 3:25 pm

Yeah! I spy a contradiction! This calls for an... :phoenixwright:
Dictator For Life
Dictator For Life
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. B Fri May 16, 2008 10:13 pm

I just did that to make things more exiting.
Dr. B
Dr. B

Back to top Go down

Post by Dictator For Life Mon May 19, 2008 1:23 am

Oh... do it again, I'm bored.
Dictator For Life
Dictator For Life
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down